Market Sector: Care
Charles Scott & Partners was appointed to carry out the Mechanical & Electrical Design for the redevelopment of Home of Compassion in Thames Ditton, Surrey. Home of Compassion is a restored 18th Century Grade II listed mansion, with converted Grade II listed Chapel and Priory plus a newly built East Wing Extension. The two and three storey interconnected buildings provide residential, nursing and dementia care, providing an exceptionally luxurious living environment for 78 residents. The care home is located in a unique setting on the banks of the river Thames in Surrey overlooking the grounds of Hampton Court.
- LED low energy lighting is used throughout with a mixture of local, dimming and automatic control for greater efficiency.
- To minimise energy usage the East Wing optimised the use of natural light and ventilation.
- In the East Wing, Chapel and Priory, underfloor heating is used throughout for low energy usage.
- Water conservation has been addressed through the specification of low water use sanitary fittings.
- Submetering of the M&E Services systems has been provided to allow careful monitoring and analysis of energy usage.